I have owned by 17 year old ASH for 15 years. Yesterday, I took him out, away from his herd, for the first time in about a month. He wasn't happy, a bit stressed, and calling out to his mates for the first 30 minutes of the ride. After an hour into the ride, he put his head down to pick at some long grass. Whilst I reached down to pull his head up, he went down. I was scared that I was going to get crushed and managed to roll away. He seemed a bit spooked by what had happened, and fortunately, didn't bolt away and leave me a long way from home. I had to hand walk him for a little way (until I could find a log or something to get back on him) and he was anxious the rest of the way home, prancing on the spot etc. As soon as we got home, I tied him up and left him for a couple of hours to 'think things through'. I'm not sure if this will have any affect, if it's like scolding the puppy an hour after he wee'd on the carpet! He has never done anything like this before and I'm really concerned that this could become the new 'norm'. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. He appeared well and was fine this morning.

Thanks so much.