Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: knubstrapper horses

Default RE: knubstrapper horses

have emailed you.

An interesting article from Gwen - who has posted on this forum before and has made some of her stallions available through Waterview Park. However, I think her Knabstrupper stallion is now in the US?

I'm a bit partial to the spotted horse myself (that Disney movie 'Run Appaloosa, Run' had a lasting affect :) ) but don't like the QH type. However, I do appreciate what the Nez Pearce are doing to try and preserve the 'foundation/baroque' type appy in the US.

If I had money/mare to spare I'd breed to one of those solid, big moving leopard stallions - specially if it was homozygous for colour. :)
    "One must avoid using force, for I have never seen anything positive come out of a horse if such is the case".

Antoine De Pluvinel

a leopard can NEVER be homozygous ;)

(edited to rephrase..)..Of course it can be homozygous for black.. but not for pattern.

waterview have had knub semen? i've made enquiries to them about other stallions. should call back for a chat. yeah, i don't like the QH type appies. prefer the old style, but i've never seen any in aus.
    ‎"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

What semen has waterview park had available?

were you meaning to email me belambi? if so i haven't received it.

waterview have lots of warmbloods. i was/am interested in lois le bon. they a lfg as they have five stallions themselves. so if you don't go to a frozen you can go to their stallion.

‎"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

ah..sorry i thought you meant waterview park had Knab semen available... Yep lots of good warmblood stuff available.
    will pm you on here skymare.

pmd you

emailed you back!

Belambi can you give me a quick run down on why it can't be homozygous for Leopard? Does it produce a lethal defect like the Overo x overo can? Which I might add I am also still tying to get a handle on, the more I read the more I get confused as to if it is the Frame gene that is the problem abd that most if what I think is overo is in fact a loudly marked sabino.