Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Susan Boyle

Default Susan Boyle

self belief ... this is an inspirational story.

Britian has Talent's new star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

I cried - WOW

Default RE: Susan Boyle

Her voice IS sensational. In particular she is soooooo emotionally connected to what she is singing and she was singing it to everyone in the audience, not for a second thinking about her 'technique' but genuinely communicating the words of the song to the people in front of her. Combine that ability to communicate emotionally through the words with a natural talent and beautiful voice, and you have ... a star.

Needs a hair cut and an eybrow prune though ... LOL

Hi Berni you wernt the only one :7
    watched her on the telly last night and Anubis and i were both doing the "must have a speck of dirt in my eye" thing ;)

what a amazing singer she is and am glad to see she will be given the chance to shine even though she doesnt fit the "mold" of beauty.
    cheers Pauper

"Dear God, help me forgive my enemies, even if the bastards don't deserve it."

Agree! saw a little interview with her thismorning. I bet they wreck her innocence tho.. and bog her up and colour her in, squish up this and pad up that.. just so she does fit that bloody mold.

Anyone see the father and son greeks irish dancing? THAT was funny!

Cant stop watching... tis "dusty" around here must get another tissue.

Dear God, help me forgive my enemies, even if the bastards don't deserve it."

I am not sure why people are going on and on about this. Ok, she can sing, so can a lot of people. Is it because she is fat and plain and can sing?

So is Joan Sutherland, and boy, could she sing!

I can't bear that syrupy, rehearsed 'surprised' look those idiot judges do - Oh wow, we've got a good singer. Der, that's what the show is for, init?

mumble, mumble, I will crawl back under my rock now.

she has a lovely voice.

the comments about the way she looks - umm, anyone been to the opera? there's a reason for the saying 'it ain't over until the fat lady sings'.

Most of those opera singers like the heavily corsetted frocks for good reason:-)

but when I listen to the radio - i can't see the singers, and if there's one thing idyll has proved over the years, we all would rather listen to someone who can sing than someone who looks pretty but can't sing that well

People are going on about it, because we like surprises...we like to see people conquer adversity. We like to see people dream and then have the courage...HUGE COURAGE ...to pursue the dream, regardless of personal cost (ie people laughing at you, judging you..but you have a go anyway).

I believe the judges reactions (while maybe a little overstated because it was on tele) are actually a reflection of many reactions in the audience - wow, ths is a keeper of a moment - and i was here to see it!

Yes Joan Sutherland can sing and is a wonderful singer, but she was also identified early on in her life as a singer and nurtured and given opportunity.

This lady has lasted to 47, with only a handful of church goers in her little village who had the priviledge to hear her.

Now we can all hear her as much as we want, and this woman gets the chance to perform freely, after a life of putting her mother first before all else (how many other kids do we know of devoting their lives to look after their mother, father?)

I love the way it makes me feel listening to her and I am very happy that she has had the chance to sing and we have all had the chance to hear her.

I'm not sure what you hear when you hear her...but i prefer my take on it! i think I take this view because i have felt elation at doing something i didn't know i could do...i think once you feel this for yourself (at any level that is meaningful to you) then you can really appreciate achievements of others, and really want them to do well..its a great gift to have.

>> I can't bear that syrupy, rehearsed 'surprised' look those idiot judges do - Oh wow, we've got a good singer. Der, that's what the show is for, init?

Had a chuckle at that. You should read Ben Elton's book on his take-off of 'reality shows'. Very funny and scarily close to reality.

I do agree with the following statement on U-tube:
    "Sounds like Les miserables, sounds like sean connery, and built like Mrs., Doubtfire....lol."

Beautiful. I hope she wins.

There's no doubt the lady is a genuine talent and a very sweet, innocent woman, but in my mind, there's also no doubt that Simon (whatever his name is) knew it before she went on and before she opened her mouth...I reckon he was already counting the dollars in his head of how much she could make him.
    Whilst it's a wonderful story to find such talent, I just wish good old Simon and the other judges didn't treat us like imbeciles with their fake acting.
    As for Stavros Flatley...... absolutely sensational!..really great.