Thread: Caulfield Cup

Bill Saunders Guest

Default Caulfield Cup

It has to be poetic justice for Colin Alderson to train the winner after being ballotted out last year. From a breeding viewpoint, what a performance by Zabeel to get the 3 placegetters in a Group 1 race! Does anyone know of a stallion achieving this anywhere in the world?

JEP Guest

Default Caulfield Cup

No I cant remember this at all! It would be very interesting to find out if it has happened and if so, how many times?
    Wasnt it a great race? But also on the day to see the great tactition ride a treble! Jimmy Cassidy, since he has come back from his 2 year suspension he seems soooo patient and cool on a horse, he has a better feel for them. Do you think it could have something to do with all the "flat" work he did while on suspension, he was having lessons from Chris Chugg and off every weekend showjumping! I believe it shows.... I know he gets on some pretty good horses, but he seems so much softer on them now. He still has his showjumper but finds it difficult to get the time now,(I know what he means)

bec Guest

Default RE: Caulfield Cup

Hi Bill

It was great to see Colin Alderson train Sky Heights to victory in the Caulfield Cup. I am a big fan of Colin's as he trained my favourite racehorse of all time PINDI!!!!

Bec

Looksthgoods Guest

Default RE: Caulfield Cup

Here Here Bec; One of my favourite trainers also. Takes his time & the whole family work as a team.