Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stallions with LFG

Default stallions with LFG

I am looking for a warmblood stallion to put my mare in foal to but one offering a LFG. I am finding this a bit difficult. Can anyone suggest any?

Default RE: stallions with LFG

If you negotiate with the owners of a stallion that you like then they may be prepared to offer you something.

Here, in Victoria, 2 friends of mine had a LFG which were both used. One used Grand Kavalier at Cloverfern and another used Rituel at the AEA without any issues that I am aware of.

Another option that I have used is prospective foal insurance. In 1999 I wanted to put my thoroughbred mare in foal but it was cheaper to buy a service fee without a LFG and then insure the pregnancy (I think it cost me 12.5% of the service fee) than it was to buy a service fee with a LFG. One advantage with this insurance is that it covers the foal until it is 30 days old. The mare slipped the pregnancy and I claimed on the insurance without any problems at all.

Hope this helps.

I would contact Waterview Park. They have a number of stallions available with a LFG. Some are chilled and some are frozen semen. I have had success with using imported chilled semen from the USA - Feiner Stern - and chilled semen from WP themselves - Cairo 869. They also have stallions such as Budweiser and Routinier that are frozen semen with LFG. I think the pinto WB stallion Icon is also LFG. Sheree's number is 03 5971 2248 if you want to give her a call and see what else they have available.

A friend of mine has got her mare in foal to Riverdance (Rubinstein) using chlled semen from Kinnordy Stud with a LFG. She said that Melanie and Holga were fantastic to deal with.

Thanks for the good suggestions. I like all these stallions so it always gets hard with choosing. By the way what insurance company did you use to insure the foal before it was born?

I used William Inglis in Sydney because it was a thoroughbred, racing service but I think they do general stuff too. They have a free call number- 1800 800 326 or the office no. is 02 9399 7999.
    The mare needed a positive preg test at 45 days conducted by a vet with the use of an ultrasound (to rule out twins) and a form filled out that covered general stuff like where she was kept, all owners and her general health etc. etc.
    When I thought 6 weeks before her due date that she probably wasn't still in foal I took her off to the vet and had her preg tested again and he filled out a vet certificate which was sent off to the insurance company. They happily paid up for the claim. All quite painless really.

Mind you I have only done that once as this mares premium would rise next time and it was cheaper to get a LFG or free return - fortunately she has held each subsequent pregnancy.

we have had 2 really special prince noir's and i have seen some other really lovely ones.

he stands at silverdene stud and has a service fee of $1100 with lfg.

he is a really modern type of german hanoverian, and is by the thoroughbred sire prince thatch xx.

i think silverdene has a site thru cyberhorse.

zamarie Guest

I love the look of Prince Noir but have never seen him in the flesh, as the time he was due to compete in Sydney (can't remember if the CDI or Nationals) he was scratched. I'd been really looking forward to having a look at him. He is even more interesting since his sire is the sire of Piccolino, one of the new stars of the German team!

Actually I have ridden my mare in the arena at Silverdene at the same time Prince Noir was being worked. Sounds like quite a reasonable price for him. Havent seen any of his foals though.

i have seen 3 out of winterkoenig mares and they are all super!! real "look at me" presence and off the ground movement. i would definately consider him for one of my mares next season!!