Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Equissage or Niagra Massage Machines

Default Tell me about Equissage or Niagra Massage Machines

Does anyone own one? What are the benefits? Do you find them effective?
    How often do you use it?
    Honest reviews please

I have one. A new Gen 2. Looooove it. Loosens up back muscles before work, great for cooling down their backs after cross country and good to use before trotting up at vet inspections at 3DEs.
    I find it also chills my boy out when he's at a comp. He can get stressed and this just takes the edge off him a little.
    I use it at least 3 days a week.

Ooo it sounds great Kt! Can you also give me some ideas of prices? Both secondhand and new approximates if at all possible?

Equissage:
    Yes I have one- the original model and I have had it for five years. The whoel kit: back pad, 4 batteries, 2 chargers, hand unit and leg boot

I use it weekely as maintainence and as a pre comp or strenuous work out warm up and cool down.

I rate it very highly and would never be without one- worth every penny in my opinion.
    You can defintely see the results- the horses are more elastic and supple, and their stride is definitely increased with Equissage and correct work. They rarely have back or muscle issues and basically purr when you put the back pad on- they love it

The most interesting thing its that the only people who dont like Equissage are the ones who dont own one- they have a stack of reasons why they dont work- but have never owned one and/or used it regularly. Anyone who owns one seems to be as enthusiastic as I am. They rarely come up for sale second hand and if they do it is usually as the owner has upgraded to the newer model

I have also had a lot of success with it on hoof abcesses, stone bruises and leg swelling.

The downfall is that unless you have several horses and are going to use it constantly it is rather expensive - around the $6500 mark now I believe.

Your looking at about $7000 new, and anywhere down form that second hand depending on age and condition.

I think they're about $6k. I have mine on a payment plan. $50 a week, for 2 years. No interest, no fees. If you want, I can PM you Kylie's details. Shes the agent that sold me mine. Shes great, will come and do a demo on your horse, show you how to use it. etc etc.

Kt that would be fantastic! I'm just considering it at the moment. I'd also be open to someone local who owned a machine coming down regularly and giving Gracie treatments - but I think it would be more practical for me to buy my own.

Lalique, you've confirmed what I thought about the machines. I have heard a great many good reviews.

If anyone is selling a second hand one feel free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl88 View Post
    I think they're about $6k. I have mine on a payment plan. $50 a week, for 2 years. No interest, no fees. If you want, I can PM you Kylie's details. Shes the agent that sold me mine. Shes great, will come and do a demo on your horse, show you how to use it. etc etc.
    That adds up to $5200 . Which is even moreof a bargain. Looks like they have come down a bit since I looked.

I'm sure someone had one on one of the buy & sell threads a while back, maybe Jackeroo ???

Can you use them on yourself?
    When nothing goes right, go left.

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Can you use them on yourself?
    I was wondering that! Although I'd probably be inclined to buy something more like a massage chair for myself.

I guess you could always charge people to use the machine too so you'd end up re-cooping some of the costs.