Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australian Stock Horses

Hmm, if there are any ASH people who can tell me anything about Bluff Downs Basalt, I would greatly appreciate it...

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bluff+downs+basalt2
    *~"A good man will take care of his horses and dogs, not only while they are young, but also when they are old and past service." Plutarch ~*

interesting mix, ash through dimray. stud book tb in FLADBURY STUD CRISENA and quarter horse along with a virtually blank bottom line

tried to google neron2 and found this boy

looks like a pretty well loved fresien boy. my guess might be 20 +

what a saddle back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_8n...eature=related

Hey if you want some one to chat to regarding ASH's feel free to look my mum up, she owns a stud in QLD and is a comitee member for the society, she is always up for a chat regarding blood lines and such.

look her up on www.ancajealstockhorses.com

(i am in no way trying to plug my mothers stud, i just know she has a lot of inside info with the breed and loves talking horses with any one and thought this may be of some help)

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPonies View Post
    Hey if you want some one to chat to regarding ASH's feel free to look my mum up, she owns a stud in QLD and is a comitee member for the society, she is always up for a chat regarding blood lines and such.

look her up on www.ancajealstockhorses.com

(i am in no way trying to plug my mothers stud, i just know she has a lot of inside info with the breed and loves talking horses with any one and thought this may be of some help)
    good idea she might know who neron2 is, i suspect station bred , like as in dimray's case, the real mckoy's

We have an ASH who is just a super little horse. The most switched on, smartest horse I've ever seen (in more than 35 years' of horse ownership). He is a fantastic showjumper. The only problem I have with the ASH is they are (generally) not very tall. Our bloke is 15.2hh on his tippy toes. If they could be 16hh plus that would be awesome!

My stock horse boy is station bred and he ticks all the boxes for me, Temperament plus. Love him so much.
    A horse is not only for a good time its for a long time

Default tall stockhorses

Quote Originally Posted by Fi Fi View Post
    We have The only problem I have with the ASH is they are (generally) not very tall. Our bloke is 15.2hh on his tippy toes. If they could be 16hh plus that would be awesome!
    Fi Fi come talk with me ...

I have a 2yo next week ASHS full stud book yellow filly who will be 16.3, and will be bred to a 16.2/3h full stud book stallion.

I have an 8mo ASHS full stud book red filly who will be 16.2h

We also have a top shelf rising 2yo warmblood filly who will be 16.2 / 3, who will be put in foal to the same 16.2 /3 full stud book stallion when she's 4yo, and produce a first cross ASH, with full competition rights and opportunities.

We have 2 x mares to go in foal this year who will both produce > 16h. Whether we keep the fillies or not will depend on their quality - only the best fillies will be retained for breeding and will need to replace a quality mare if they do. All colts will be sold.

The ASHS people are certainly considering height along with their desire to be the "breed for every need", to fulfill performance criteria. I think there will be some much taller ones come through over the next couple of years, and this will support breed diversity.

JJ

PS: if you would like to have a look, pm me as we have a web site (self designed so amateur) but not good manners I think to put up here
    Last edited by JJ01; 10-08-11 at 08:49 PM.

My stock horse is an absolute gem. Smart, sensitive, sensible, supple....